"Important, accessible, smart. This book offers a realistic plan that gently coaches the reader while exposing the underlying causes of weight problems and virtually every disease. This is the book every doctor should give their patient, and anyone interested in health should have on the shelf. Brava!" --Peter Bongiorno, ND, LAc, author of How Come They're Happy and I'm Not
Millions of us have counted calories until we're blue in the face. We've cut fat, eaten less, and exercised more--and we're still heavier than we want to be. Or we lose the weight, only to see it creep back up. It's frustrating, discouraging, and unhealthy! In Sara Vance's The Perfect Metabolism Plan, you'll learn that this inability to stay at a healthy weight is not about willpower and it's not your fault! Your metabolism needs a reboot.
When your metabolism is out of whack, your willpower, hunger hormones, insulin, and cravings all work against you. And you not only can't lose weight, you tend to feel foggy, sluggish, or generally unwell. But worry no more. The Perfect Metabolism Plan will show you how to reset and reboot your metabolism through 10 keys. You'll also find a bonus chapter of metabolism hacks, plus over 50 recipes and a workable plan for putting it all into action.
The 10 Keys to a Perfect Metabolism:
- Break Up with Sugar - balance blood sugar
- Fix Your Fats - eat healthy fats, avoid harmful ones
- Heal Your Gut - boost digestion and balance gut bacteria
- Identify Food Intolerances - foods that could make you foggy,fatigued, sick, and fat
- Lose the Toxins - in foods, household products, body care products,etc.
- Put Out the Fire - reduce inflammation
- Stop the Madness - lower stress
- Ditch the Convenience Foods (even the so-called healthy ones) - key nutrients for the metabolism
- Hydrate! - Dehydration is making us sick and fat
- Exercise Smarter (not harder) - the right and wrong kind of exercise for the metabolism
Plus Metabolism Hacks - some tricks of the trade to hijack the metabolism and kick it into gear.
|Sara Vance is a certified nutritionist and the founder of the company Rebalance Life LLC. She is a regular contributor to Fox News Health, San Diego, as well as MindBodyGreen, and eHow. She has worked in collaboration with doctors, taught at schools and community centers, created videos for Gaiam TV (yoga for kids), in addition to seeing individual clients.|
See all titles by this author
Red Wheel/Weiser - World