Show more Show less
A fun, user-friendly guide that takes the confusion out of writing essays and papers for students of all ages. Unlike other books that are so full of technical jargon that they confuse more than help, Homework Helpers: Essays and Term Papers uses straightforward language and simple steps to guide students through the essay-writing process.
Homework Helpers: Essays and Term Papers:
• Describes in detailed “plain English” each element and step involved in writing a dozen different types of essays.
• Includes a rough, edited, and final draft sample of each type of essay discussed.
• Explains the necessity of proofreading and citing sources, providing tips and instruction on how to accomplish these tasks.
• Presents step-by-step instructions on how to write a great SAT essay.
• Discusses what students can expect when they reach college-level courses.
Students of all ages can find help in writing essays for every major subject in high school or college. Neophytes will find guidance on the basics, while those further along in their educational career can adapt the detailed instructions for more in-depth assignments.
"A no-nonsense narrative approach that allows all students, including those with learning disabilites, to accomplish what once felt impossible--writing a strong and compelling essay. Homework Helpers: Essays and Term Papers [is] an invaluable resource for students from middle school through college."
"What Michelle McLean has done in Homework Helpers: Essays and Term Papers has singlehandedly demystified the writing process in a series of succinct chapters that are informative, clear, and, in many cases, downright funny. This book would be a good companion to the MLA text in any college bookstore, and I would recommend it to my colleagues as an alternative to the stuffy and overwritten texts currently in use."