A Wind Swept Over the Waters presents reflections on sixty well-known and beloved biblical passages. A work of meditation rather than scholarship, these passages speak to our daily lives, issues, and concerns. Ideal for anyone seeking a fresh approach to the Bible. This book includes passages from the Old and New Testaments:
- “A Wind from God Swept Over the Face of the Waters,” Genesis 1:1-4
- “O Sing to the Lord a New Song,” Psalm 96:1-4
- “The Assurance of Things Hoped For,” Hebrews 10:32-36, 11:1-3
- “The Parable of the Good Samaritan,” Luke 10:24-37
“I Do Not Do the Good I Want but the Evil I Do Not Want Is What I Do,” Romans 7:15-19/ 20-24
* A collection of verses from the Old and New Testaments that are familiar and inspiring.
* Uses metaphorical understandings of scripture to connect these ancient words to our lives.