"The Witches' Book of the Dead reflects the spirit of a Warlock who plays by his own rules (as every great Witch or Warlock should). Christian Day is an amazing resource when it comes to magic and Witchy legend and lore. Day breaks down Witchcraft history, humanizes the folks who have always stood casting and conjuring at the outskirts of society, and then celebrates them like one would cheer a rock star. A great book and mystical look into connecting with the other side and transforming the universe around us." -Jeff Belanger, founder of Ghostvillage.com, author of The World's Most Haunted Places, and host of 30 Odd MinutesWitches are creatures of magic. They cast spells, heal, and foretell the future. What you might not know is that Witches can also commune with the spirits of the dead.
"As the long-time presenter of Salem’s renowned Festival of the Dead, Christian Day has already proven that he is a man not afraid to venture into shadowy realms. Now, as the author of the ground-breaking The Witches’ Book of the Dead, Day escorts readers to the frontiers where the living and the dead intermingle, offering both mystical and practical advice for safe, happy coexistence. The Witches’ Book of the Dead is packed with old lore, as well as information on cutting-edge technology. In these pages, you will discover clear, lucid instructions for contacting the dead, as well as explanations for why you might want to do so. While simultaneously emphasizing the sacred nature of his subject, Christian has written a fun, easy-to-read and easy-to-access instructional manual for interaction with the ever-present souls of the dead." -Judika Illes, author of The Encyclopedia of Spirits, The Encyclopedia of 5000 Spells, The Element Encyclopedia of Witchcraft, and The Weiser Field Guide to Witches
"The Witches' Book of the Dead is a well-researched and thoughtful compendium of magical lore, necromancy, spirit contact and mediumship. It mixes a rich background of historical information with practical applications of ritual and magical practice. Day is not afraid to draw back the veil and peer behind it. Let him show you what he has discovered! A very good read; a volume full of worthwhile information." -Raymond Buckland, author, Buckland's Complete Book of Witchcraft
In The Witches' Book of the Dead, modern-day Salem Warlock Christian Day shows how the spirits of our beloved dead can be summoned to perform such tasks as helping you to discover hidden opportunities, influence the minds of others, seduce the object of your affection, and even reach into the dreams of the unwary. According to legend, the Spirits of the dead can confer magical talents, fame, love, and wealth on those brave enough to summon them.
The Witches' Book of the Dead explores the enduring relationship between witches and the dead and teaches rituals and incantations to help readers open doorways to the spirit world.
- Legendary Witches who have raised the dead, including The Witch of Endor, Circe, and Erichtho
- Creating ancestral altars and building relationships with spirits
- The tools of Necromancy: the bronze dagger, yew wand, iron keys, graveyard dust, the offering cauldron, spirit powders, the human skull, and more.
- Methods of spirit contact, including automatic writing, scrying mirrors, spirit boards, pendulums, and spirit mediumship
- The ancient arts of necromancy as a method of conjuring the dead to assist in magic
- Ridding yourself of unwanted spirits using rituals of cleansing, banishing and exorcism
- Ghost hunting techniques that combine psychic wisdom with modern technology
- Communing with the dead in dreams
- Sacred holidays and powerful celebrations of the dead
- Resources on where to ethically obtain the tools of the trade
- An overview of the feared deities of the Underworld
- Rituals, recipes, exercises, and more!
Dare to walk between the worlds with Christian Day as he guides you across the River Styx into the shadowy realms where the dead long to connect with us once more!
|Christian Day is a modern-day Warlock living in the "Witch City" of Salem, Massachusetts. He is the creator and coordinator of the annual Festival of the Dead and has appeared on The Travel Channel, Showtime, TLC, MSNBC, TMZ, and CNN.com, and has been widely quoted in the Wall Street Journal, Boston Globe, and USA Today. Visit him at www.festivalofthedead.com or www.salemhex.com|
See all titles by this author
Red Wheel/Weiser - World English