Antiracism in Animal Advocacy: Igniting Cultural Transformation is a collection of writings by farmed animal protection advocates who are committed to exploring and prioritizing racial equity as they work to create a more just animal protection movement. The essayists, whose work was originally published in Sentient Media, and is reprinted with their permission, were all attendees of Encompass’s 2020 Racial Equity Institutes.
- “From Speaking Up for Animals to Becoming an Antiracist,” by Rachel Huff-Wagenborg
- “Using Research and Data to Create an Inclusive Animal Rights Movement,” by Brooke Haggerty
- “How My Cultural Identity Informs My Animal Advocacy,” by Unny Nambudiripad
- “Animal Advocates: It’s Time We Move from Performance to True Antiracism,” by Aryenish Birdie
- “Oppression without Hierarchy: Racial Justice and Animal Advocacy,” by Michelle Rojas-Soto
- “How Racism in Animal Advocacy and Effective Altruism Hinders Our Mission,” by Michelle Graham