||The Healing Power of African-American Spirituality|
A Celebration of Ancestor Worship, Herbs and Hoodoo, Ritual and Conjure
Stephanie Rose Bird
Hampton Roads Publishing Company, Hampton Roads Publishing
6 x 9 Inches
February 1, 2022
Previously Published As: The Big Book of Soul
|The essential resource and guide to African American spirituality and traditions.
This is a fabulous resource for anyone who wants to understand African American spirituality, shamanism, and indigenous spiritual practices and beliefs. It is designed to be informative while providing hands-on recipes, rituals, projects, and resources to help you become an active participant in its wonderfully soulful traditions.
Inside you will find:
1. A celebration of healing, magic, and the divination traditions of ancient African earth-based spirituality
2. An explanation of how these practices have evolved in contemporary African American culture
3. A potpourri of recipes, rituals, and resources that you can use to heal your life
Among the topics covered:
- African spiritual practices of Santeria, Obeah, Lucumi, Orisa, and Quimbois
- Hoodoo—and how to use it to improve your health
- Ancient healing rituals and magical recipes of Daliluw
- Talking drums, spiritual dancing, clapping, tapping, singing, and changing
- ower objects, tricks and mojo bats, and herbal remedies
Previously published as The Big Book of Soul.
Stephanie Rose Bird is a cum laude graduate of Temple University with an MFA from the University of California–San Diego. She has taught at the School of Art Institute of Chicago, and is a professional member of the American Folklore Society, the Herb Research Foundation, and the American Botanical Council. She lives in Chicago. Read her blog and visit her on Facebook .
See all titles by this author
Hampton Roads Publishing/World