And they die remarkably young: The typical start-up lasts 20 months and burns through $1.3 million in financing before closing its doors.
So what's the formula for success for those start-ups that make it through the early trials, leveraging their early success into either getting acquired or issuing an IPO (initial public offering)? What are the lessons that first-time entrepreneurs and employees need to know to navigate their way to success?
The Ultimate Start-Up Guide offers practical advice, insights, lessons, and best practices from the world of start-ups, including:
- Strategies for hiring and building your team, culture, and values.
- How to pitch your company, secure funding, and distribute equity.
- Best practices in launching your business.
- How venture capitalist investors think, evaluate new companies, and advise entrepreneurs.
- War stories and red flags from top VC partners and entrepreneurs.
Start-ups are a business model and culture of their own, changing the economic landscape as well as the way we live and work. The Ultimate Start-Up Guide offers an insider's look at this world. It's a fascinating read for anyone contemplating how to build or participate in a successful start-up.